2012-2013 BOARD OF EDUCATION GOALS
Educational Programs Committee
- To develop a district-wide comprehensive Curriculum Management Plan to guide curriculum and instructional practices and procedures throughout the system.
- To develop, articulate, and implement a plan to maximize academic learning time in each school and classroom and to provide more effective curriculum implementation and use of instructional strategies and interventions to address the needs of all learners.
- To further refine the implementation of the McRel Teacher Evaluation system throughout the district in agreement with the EE4NJ twelve-month grant extension. Continued participation in Year 2 of the EE4NJ pilot will assist the district in proposing a new evaluation process for teachers in the district that will serve to better document, measure, and articulate staff performance based on established goals, achievement measures, and job descriptions.
- Review and revise the district job description manual to ensure it is current and commensurate with actual expected performance tasks for each job and aligns with roles and responsibilities included in the district's comprehensive Curriculum Management Plan.
- Review and revise the following policies:
- Corporate Sponsorship.
- Policy #1200 -- Participation by the Public. (Volunteers)
- Policy #4119.22/#4219.22 -- Dress and Grooming.
- Policy #5131.2 -- Plagiarism.
- Policy #6146 -- Graduation Requirements.
- Review and approve the 21 regulations mandated for Board approval.
- Develop an action plan in concert with the 100th Anniversary of WHS that focuses on the historical preservation of the building. The action plan will identify projects at the WHS building with the focus on renovating, rehabilitating, or preserving its historical significance. The action plan will include identifying potential funding sources for the projects.