Welcome to Mrs. Adams' Homepage!This is my sixteenth year at Woodstown High School as part of the Science department. I attended Arcadia University, majoring in Biology and after completing the four years, I enrolled at Rowan University to obtain my secondary education teaching certificate. This year, I will be teaching Honors Biology and Academic Biology. I am looking forward to the start of the 2021-2022 school year! :)Remind 101 Information:856-823-4354 or 81010Honors Biology-@adamswhsAcademic Biology-@adamswhs2Google Classroom Codes:Academic Biology 1st Period-7d5p7heAcademic Biology 2nd Period- wnlkiv6Honors Biology 4th Period- a5ayo5bAcademic Biology 6th Period- jpzlyscAcademic Biology 8th Period- hco7ogoExplore Learning Gizmos Virtual Lab Enrollment:Academic Biology 1st Period- Enrollment InfoAcademic Biology 2nd Period- Enrollment InfoHonors Biology 4th Period- Enrollment InfoAcademic Biology 6th Period- Enrollment InfoAcademic Biology 8th Period- Enrollment InfoBack to School Night Information:Unsure of Homework?:
Grading Scale:This year the science department will be using the Standards Aligned Grading (SAG) system to evaluate student performance. What is SAG? SAG is essentially a grading method used to help students identify their strengths and weaknesses in their learning. It promotes that teachers provide meaningful assessments and quicker feedback to students and parents.Traditionally, students’ marking period grades were determined by their test, quiz, homework, classwork, and lab grades. In SAG, however, students’ marking period grades are based on their performance in certain skills, or categories. In science, students will be assessed in these categories per marking period:
- Remember to record homework from the board daily at the beginning or end of class!!!
- Sign up for Remind for periodic reminders of projects and assessments
- Ask a classmate!
- If all else fails...email me and will try my best to get back to you asap.
All assessments (tests, quizzes, labs, etc.) are graded in total points. Categories on an assessment do not have to have the same number of points.Test/Re-Test Policy:Students will be allowed one re-test per marking period.
facts, vocabulary, identifying variables and equations (How well do I know it?)
problem solving, designing an experiment, analyzing data (How well can I apply what I know?)
developing graphs, writing conclusions, explaining and defending your answer (How well can I explain what I know?)
21st Century Skills
- creativity, group work, following directions, meeting deadlines
Failure to Complete Assignment Policy (FTCA):If a student fails to complete an assignment the following steps will be taken:
- Student must have all assignments completed for the subject tested prior to the first test, to be eligible for the retest.
- Student must successfully complete an additional assignment given by the teacher, such as a review.
- Students will be given one opportunity for re-take per assessment.
- The make-up test must be completed in 1 week from the date the assessment was put into PowerSchool.
- Student will be written up for FTCA.
- Student's parent/guardian will be contacted.
- A zero will be placed in PowerSchool.
- If the student does not complete the assignment in 24 hours then the zero in PowerSchool will remain as the final and permanent grade for the assignment.
"Delight in the beauty that surrounds you!"