I am so excited to be your child’s teacher this year! I LOVE teaching and learning, and my goal each day is for everyone to feel safe, valued, successful, and happy! I believe that when challenged, engaged, supported, and loved, every child can learn and grow. This will be my ninth year teaching, and I am looking forward to an exciting adventure together in first grade! I was born and raised in Northern California, and moved with my husband to Woodstown in 2017. We welcomed the newest Mortimer to the family in March and can’t wait for him to be at MSS in a few years. ;)
Education & Teaching Career:
I attended Oak Ridge High School in California, and graduated from Willamette University with a Bachelors degree in History. After finishing undergrad, I attended the Willamette University Graduate School of Education, where I earned my Masters Degree in Teaching. I began my teaching career in Sacramento, California (not too far from where I grew up), and now, entering my ninth year teaching, I begin my sixth year in first grade and my second at MSS! I have also taught kindergarten and third grade.
Mrs. Mortimer's Favorites:
- Color: pink
- Hobbies: running and reading
- Season: spring
- Drink: coffee
- Place: Lake Tahoe
- Food: fruit or tacos!
- Sport: baseball—go Cardinals!
- Animal: any baby animal :)
- I have lived in three states!
- I played softball in college.
- I have one younger sister named Jordanne.
- My favorite thing to shop for is books, especially picture books.
- I have never been to Disney World. (I have been to Disneyland, though!)
- Both of my parents are educators! My mom is a principal and my dad teaches high school history.
- My dream is to visit every major league baseball stadium. So far I have been to 13!
(That's me in first grade!)