Welcome to Algebra I - Woodstown High School Grades: 9-11
Office Hours: Before or after school, by appointment request or during SCORE.
Course Description: This course is designed for students who have successfully completed at least one of the following math courses: Pre-Algebra or Geometry. Algebra I consists of many different units designed to not only refresh the concepts previously learned, but also to challenge the students with more complex math topics in Algebra and Algebraic Statistics.
Standards Aligned Grading (SAG) will be used. The four categories students will be evaluated are:
- Knowing what equation to use or being able to know and define rules or definitions
- Problem solving; applying what was learned; know how to use what you have learned
- Knowing your math facts; are you able to apply your math facts to solve the problem?
- 21st CENTURY SKILLS
- Following directions, completing assignments on time, being prepared for class
Types of graded assignments include the following:
- QUIZ, GRADED CLASSWORK, HOMEWORK, PROJECTS, TESTS, HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES
Per Woodstown High School Handbook:
A = 93-100, B= 84-92, C= 77-83, D= 70-76, F= below 70
RE-TESTS OR TEST CORRECTIONS FOR CREDIT:
- Students are permitted to re-take or re-test any graded assessment for credit.
- In order to re-test, students will need to email Mrs. Straughn to request a re-take or do complete test corrections.
- All re-tests and test corrections will be completed during Mrs. Straughn’s office hours.