3. Public Comment
- Describe how the LEA sought public comment on its plan, and how it took those public comment into account in the development of its plan. Note, the ARP requires that LEAs seek public comment for each 60-day revision to the plan. (1000 character limit)
The WPRSD has provided multiple opportunities for public comment on our plan. Our WPRSD Restart Committee commenced in June 2020, including members of the Board, Administrative Team, Teachers Association and Parents, conducting two virtual meetings to garner community input. Input on the plan was sought during the Public Comment Segment at the May 2021 Regular Meeting of the WPRSD Board of Education. Each school has a Safety/Pandemic Response Team that includes teachers, counselors, nurses, CST, principal, school safety specialist, custodian, parents.
Public Comment Summary:
- Maintaining procedures that are in place to foster and maintain safe and supportive school climates as necessitated by the challenges posted by COVID-19
- Providing necessary communications to the school community and to the district
- Creating additional pathways for community, family, and student voices to continuously inform the WPRSD’s decision-making as we move through our COVID-19 reopening phases
- Describe how the LEA ensured that the plan is in an understandable and uniform format; is to the extent practicable written in a language that parents can understand or, if not practicable to provide written translations to a parent with limited English proficiency, will be orally translated for such a parent; and upon request by a parent who is an individual with a disability as defined by the ADA, will be provided in an alternative format accessible to that parent. (1000 character limit)
The WPRSD In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan is comprised of a consistent format, District Policy reference, a philosophy statement for each section, and bulleted lists as quick reference guides.
The WPRSD has ensured that the Plan for Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services is accessible to all members of our school community. The plan is posted on the District Website at www.woodstown.org. Each element of the plan has a dedicated tab for ease of access. The website has a translation feature, enabling all member of our school community to access the document in their native language. Because the WPRSD is a 1:1 Chromebook district, the devices can be utilized not only to translate the plan, but also for text to speech accommodations.