Mary S. Shoemaker SchoolPerforming GroupsAll Mary Shoemaker students in First through Fifth Grade participate in a yearly music performance, usually in the spring. In addition, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grade students have the option of joining the following extra-curricular performing groups:
Please contact Mrs. Nowmos at email@example.com or (856) 769-0144 x 66099 with any questions about joining these groups.Woodstown Choir Magnets Order Form!Click here to view and download the form if you are interested in ordering a car/refrigerator magnet for your child. Order forms and money ($5 cash or check to Woodstown High School Choir) are due to Mrs. Nowmos no later than October 31.Information about Select Chorus auditions:Any member of the Third, Fourth, or Fifth Grade Chorus may audition for the Shoemaker Select Chorus. The auditions will be held during regular Chorus recess rehearsal times after the winter concert. The audition will consist of two short excerpts of the students' Winter Concert music (this will be music the students have already learned; they do not need to prepare anything new for the audition) and a short melody pattern which Mrs. Nowmos will play on the piano. Students will be rated objectively with a rubric on their voice quality, their intonation, their vocal independence, and their musical memory. About 25-35 students who meet a minimum rubric score will be chosen to participate in the Select Chorus. Four 4th or 5th Graders with the highest scores may also be selected to represent the Shoemaker School at the South Jersey Elementary Chorus Festival in March.
- Third Grade Chorus - meets on "Day C" during Encore period
- Fourth Grade Chorus - meets on "Day D" during Encore period
- Fifth Grade Chorus - meets on "Day E" during Encore period
- Third/Fourth/Fifth Grade Percussion Ensemble - meets Mondays after school in the fall (Oct.-Dec.) and spring (March-May), dates TBD
- Shoemaker Select Chorus (by audition only) - meets Wednesdays after school in the spring (March-May), dates TBD
- Fourth and Fifth Grade Band - as scheduled by our instrumental music teacher, Mr. Ludlam