My name is Mrs. Bethann Forti
This year I will provide in-class support with:
Mrs. Adams in Biology
Mrs. Rybynski in World History
Mr. Keyser in World History
Resource class: Biology
Standards Aligned Grading (SAG)This year the science department will be using the Standards Aligned Grading (SAG) system to evaluate student performance.What is SAG?
In science, students will be assessed in these categories per marking period:
- Sag is essentially a grading method used to help students identify their strengths and weaknesses in their learning. It promotes that teachers provide meaningful assessments and quicker feedback to students and parents.
- Traditionally students' marking period grades were determined by their tests, quizzes, homework, classwork, and lab grades. In SAG, however, students' marking period grades are based on performance in certain skills, or categories. In science, students will be assessed in these categories per marking period.
facts, vocabulary, identifying variables and equations (How well do I know it?)
problem solving, designing an experiment, analyzing data (How well can I apply what I know?)
developing graphs, writing conclusions, explaining and defending your answer (How well can I explain what I know?)
21st Century Skills
- creativity, group work, following directions, meeting deadlines
Science Department Test/Re-test policy
- If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to Complete Assignment Policy (FCAP):If a student fails to complete an assignment the following steps will be taken
- Students will be allowed one re-test per marking period.
- Students will have all assignments completed for the subject tested prior to the first test, to be eligible for the retest.
- Students must successfully complete an additional assignment given by the teacher, such as a review.
- Student must meet with their science teacher outside of class time prior to the retest.
- The make-up test must be completed in 1 week from the date the assignment was put into power school.
- If a student has a Blue or Orange Renaissance card they will be allowed one additional retest per marking period.
- Inform student that they will have 5 school days to complete and turn in the assignment for full credit; otherwise they will receive a zero.
- Place a zero in PowerSchool with a comment indicating that the assignment was missing and will be accepted for full credit until 5 school days have past.
- Student will be written up for failure to complete assignment.
- Student's parent/guardian will be contacted.
- Assistant Principal will meet with the student and assign them an academic detention.
- If assignment is completed within the 5 school day grace period, it is graded for full credit, but the student must still serve the academic detention.