Technology Vision Statement
In today’s globalized society, digital literacy is an increasingly important skill for individuals to develop and refine. Our challenge is to prepare all students to become responsible digital citizens with the skills necessary to compete in this new world. Our goal is to deliver a learning environment in which students will utilize technology to foster collaboration, synthesize new ideas, and inspire creativity. It is our belief that implementing a progressive and ambitious technology plan that incorporates the very latest trends in educational technology will facilitate student-driven learning that is interactive and relevant to the real life experiences of today’s “digital natives”. Through this environment, we encourage and empower our students to be self-directed lifelong learners that possess the ability to use critical thinking skills and technology to solve problems, collaborate, synthesize information, and effectively communicate in order to be successful and competitive in today’s world, as well as tomorrow’s.
It is the goal of WPRSD Technology Department to
- Provide the student body with efficient, 1:1 Chromebooks. labs, and media centers
- Provide efficient and up to date labs for multiple class usage.
- Create a technology-rich common classroom environment
- Provide to staff, students and the school community training in all areas of technology
- Provide off-campus access to appropriate school data
- Provide technology support in a timely, efficient manner
These goals directly support the achievement goals in the District’s Strategic Plan. The primary goal is maximum student achievement for all students. By utilizing technology and providing equitable access to technology, students will have the opportunity to achieve at their maximum level.